Getting a prospective client to your website is good, but it’s only half the battle.
You want to engage a website visitor to stay on your site and take some kind of action in order for you to convert them into a new client.
Below are six tips outlining what you should do to your site to increase your website visitor conversions.
1. USE LIVE CHAT: Live chat services such as “Engage” will increase your conversions from 10 to 30 percent. This is based on our PILMMA member’s feedback over the past several years.
***Be sure to put a photo of YOURSELF (not the generic ‘lawyer’ image) on the live chat icon that drops down on your homepage. This will boost response an extra six to 10 percent.
2. USE VIDEO: Use a short two-minute video of yourself on the homepage. Tell the prospect how you are different from other firms they are researching. The video serves two main purposes. First, it starts building the relationship with the prospect and humanizes you. Second, people respond differently to different media. You want to attract the visitors who respond to videos.
3. CAPTURE THEIR CONTACT INFO: You want to offer some kind of free valuable information so you can capture their email address. Be sure to use a catchy graphic and put the opt-in icon on the right-hand side of your homepage. The closer to the top, the better.
Whether it’s an e-book, a white paper or even a free webinar, the key is to capture as much information as the visitor will give you. But, only requiretheir email to get your info.
***Studies show many people will not give out phone numbers or mailing addresses on the internet.
4. KEEP IT CLEAN: Keep the home page clean and crisp without too much clutter. With website homepages, “less is more.” Information overload will make your visitors leave your site, thus defeating your goal.
5. MAKE YOUR SITE MOBILE-RESPONSIVE: More than 50 percent of searches are done on mobile phones. If your website has not been formatted to be easily read automatically on mobile devices, you are going to miss 50 percent of your opportunities to convert visitors to your website. You will also be penalized by Google in their organic rankings.
6. TEST YOUR SITE: You should ask your website provider to split test your homepage site. You want to have your site set up with two identical homepages, with the exception of one item.
Things you could make different are:
- Color of opt-in button
- Position of photos/videos
- Different color schemes
You get the idea? You want every other visitor to rotate between the two sites.
Look at which site converts better every 30 days.
Whichever one converted better is your control.
Then, you’ll use the ‘control’ and choose a different single item to change. After 30 days, pick the winner, and repeat the same process again.
This should be a continuous process.
Trust me, if you implement all 6 things above, you will double your website conversions into real cases in just a short amount of time.